Sunday, December 16, 2012

Street Art in Paris
In Paris, I thought I was going to see a lot of fancy cars driving around everywhere. However, I was wrong, I saw a lot of these trucks (picture above) that had a lot of art on them...This graffiti or art, whatever you want to call it, really adds a lot of aesthetic to a city and shows the creativity of their people. The truck above was full of art all around, the other side was also spray painted with beautiful shiny colors. When we arrived to London, I expected the same welcoming, but I noticed that London was a lot more clean. I literally did not see any art anywhere! When I was on my way to the airport in the Tube I saw a sign; the sign basically said that it is illegal to vandalize or in other words to express your creativity...The sign asked the citizens of London to contact the police if they witnessed anyone doing this--there was also a reward to the whistleblowers. There was little to no incentive to go out and show your creativity...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89359031@N08/sets/72157632218193522/

No comments:

Post a Comment